Philadelphia Sexual Harassment Attorney
By law, men and women have the right to work in an environment free of sexual advances, innuendos or harassment. All too often, office culture or politics can cross the line, resulting in illegal activity and harassment against an employee. Many people are afraid to speak up, worried that reporting sexual harassment could jeopardize their job or isolate them from their co-workers.
If you are the victim of sexual harassment in the workplace or must endure a hostile work environment, know that there are legal options available to you to hold responsible parties accountable.
Protecting Your Professional Interests And Career
I routinely represent professionals and employees in sexual harassment matters, seeking justice on their behalf. I will provide you with a clear understanding of all options and help you seek compensation for what you have endured.
If you or a loved one has been the target of sexual harassment in the workplace, call Law Offices of Stanley B. Cheiken today to learn how to put an end to this illegal behavior. Call today at 215-572-8600.
Sexual harassment can cover a broad range of activities, including:
- Sexual jokes, innuendos or conversation that makes a person uncomfortable
- Quid pro quo arrangements or propositions where an employee is offered advancement or preference in exchange for sexual favors
- Blackmail where an employee is threatened with termination or discipline if sexual favors or advances are not welcomed
- Inappropriate or unwelcome touching or physical contact
- Singling an individual out based on his or her gender, making comments about physical appearance
Sexual harassment incidents can occur between anyone within the workplace, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, vendors or anyone else you come in contact with during your work.
I will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the incident, tracking correspondence and other evidence showing how the harassment took place. I will build a case showing how often the harassment occurred, how it created a hostile working environment for the employee, and the physical and psychological toll it took on the employee.