Pennsylvania and New Jersey Partnership Disputes
If you are seeking advice about your legal alternatives for the resolution of a dispute related to a closely-held corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or professional practice group of any kind, contact an experienced trial attorney at the Law Offices of Stanley B. Cheiken. I represent parties to corporate and partnership litigation in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Examples of cases I handle are the following:
- Disputes related to the merger, expansion, or dissolution of a partnership such as a law firm or physicians’ practice
- Corporate governance disputes involving the violation or interpretation of articles of incorporation, bylaws, or state corporate or partnership statutes
- Minority claims concerning squeeze-outs, oppression, or breach of fiduciary duty on the part of a majority equity interest
- Contract litigation concerning the enforcement of operating agreements, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, management agreements, or buy-sell agreements
- Partnership or corporate succession disputes upon the death or departure of a principal
Pennsylvania and New Jersey corporate litigation attorney Stanley Cheiken is experienced with a wide variety of claims and defenses between partners, corporate principals, and directors. Partnership and corporate claims can involve fraud, contract litigation, and business torts as well as issues under state corporate governance laws. Typically, the distinctions between plaintiffs and defendants tend to blur as each side raises claims and counterclaims against the other.
Corporate and partnership disputes are also frequently suitable for resolution through the use of injunctions and restraining orders in the early stages of the litigation. Because of the advantages that injunctive relief can represent for his clients, civil trial lawyer Stanley Cheiken is quick to spot an opportunity to bring the issues to a head with a timely petition whenever it makes sense to do so.
For a free consultation about your legal options in a corporate or partnership dispute in Pennsylvania and New Jersey contact the Law Offices of Stanley B. Cheiken in Langhorne.