Philadelphia Shareholder Disputes Lawyer
When disputes arise between the owners or shareholders of a business, the health of the business hinges on an efficient resolution. Disagreements can disrupt business operations and signal weakness to the market.
With nearly 30 years of experience as a business litigation attorney, I am committed to asserting the rights of shareholders, protecting their financial interests and investments in the midst of shareholder disputes or conflict within the corporation. I provide solutions that are tailored to the needs of the client while striving to protect the vitality of the business and its operations.
Litigation In Protection Of Shareholder Interests Throughout Pennsylvania And New Jersey
I represent both majority and minority shareholders and co-owners of corporations and partnerships in:
- Breach of fiduciary duty litigation
- Contested financial matters, including return on investment
- Shareholder oppression
- Business succession matters
- Mismanagement of funds by a majority interest
As the relationship between the shareholders deteriorates, the majority shareholder may take action to begin squeezing out a minority shareholder. This could include:
- Terminating the minority shareholder’s employment with the company
- Gaining additional benefit from the company by hiring family members to significantly salaried positions, or other attempts at increasing percentage gain from the company
- Organizing a merger or transaction that would force the minority interest to sell out shares
I will protect your interests in these matters and the investment that you have made in the company, ensuring that you are paid what you are due.
If you are involved in a shareholder dispute or minority squeeze-out, please contact Law Offices of Stanley B. Cheiken of Philadelphia today for a consultation to discuss your legal options. Call 215-572-8600.