2022 will mark my 31st year as an attorney, and my 22nd year practicing solo. As I continue to grow as a person and a practitioner, it’s a good idea to take stock of where I’ve come from, where I am now, and where I’d like to go. To that end, here are my 2022 New Year’s Resolutions.
- Communicate often with my clients.
- Text less and telephone more.
- Connect frequently and meaningfully with colleagues.
- Try something new, or do something familiar in an unfamiliar way.
- Select the cases that will add value to my practice – and reject the cases that will devalue my practice.
- Put in the hours to get the results. There is no substitute for preparation and winning never gets old.